This has been a few years in the making, so if this is where you want to be please do not be discouraged. I began by making small changes and eliminating or replacing one unhealthy item or group at a time.
To be honest when I would watch those weight loss shows where somebody goes in and throws away everything and refills the kitchen with all healthy food, I would have two thoughts, #1 Wow how lucky they are to have a fresh start and #2 what a waste! I don't believe that is the best way to change your diet (as in lifestyle). I think we each have to make the choices that are right for us at the time and eventually we will get to where we want to be. I am very much still a work in progress.
With all that said here you go a look inside my fridge...
- Soy and Almond milks
- Condiments to make sauces and salad dressings.
- Vegan Mayo aka Veganaise
- Organic Chocolate syrup for My kiddo.
- Chia drinks YUM!
- Wheat Germ (I put in in oatmeal) Flax-seed is in the freezer.
- Lemon and Lime Juice, I also buy fresh but it is nice to have these just in case.
- Lots of fresh fruits and veggies think salads and stir fry and veggie sandwiches.
Eggs for quick meal or snack(Since I wrote this I stopped eating eggs)
- Dates and Figs (snacks)
- Earth balance butter, It is a vegan butter I tried to do with out butter but I am not there yet.
- Miso paste for miso soups and dressings.
- Tofu for dinners and in smoothies.
- I also put the spinach and kale in my smoothies!
- Last but not least Cheese
shhhh.... I am just not ready to say bu-bye to cheese either...one day...I no longer eat Cheese!
As you have noticed there is no meat or cows milk, we have given these up totally. I do eat fish occasionally , I have canned tuna in the pantry and Salmon and Tilapia in the freezer.
I will have to do a follow up pantry post.
but here is a quick summary
Canned fruits and veggies
Canned and dried beans
A couple of different kinds of rice
cereals like oatmeal and granola
Apple Cider Vinegar
Soy Sauce for my stir fry
Thank you for reading!