Monday, April 22, 2013

Don't Talk About It, Be About It.

Hi My name is Colleen and I am a Brown Girl who eats Healthy,

To be fair I am biracial, does that matter, not really but the reason I decided to name my new blog BGEH is that over the past 3 yrs that I have been reading healthy eating blogs, I have not found many (only 1) healthy eating blogs by women of color. Over all this blog will be for anyone and everyone who wants to eat healthy and to learn more about being healthy, what ever I have learned over the past 3 years I will share with you.

 The reason I decided to start this blog is because I am often asked
 at the store at church at my school at my child's school...you get the point
questions about how we eat, where we buy the things we use and for my recipes. So I decided instead of giving out blog addresses and book titles I would give out my blog address.

Some of the posts I would like to write will be based on the comments and questions I get the most,


  • Will my kids eat that?!
  • It takes to long to cook from starch
  • I can't afford to eat healthy
  • I like to eat "bad" food....
  • You don't eat meat, that's okay I'll make lamb
  • Whats in my fridge
  • MSG what is it
  • Everything in moderation ...right?!
  • You don't drink coffee, how do you wake up in the morning?
  • Trader Joes What to buy?
  • Costco What to buy?
  • 99 cent store What to buy?
  • How to make ...(Fill in the blank)
  • Healthy Lunches for School that kids will eat (ex Homemade Lunchables)
  • A trip to the farmers market
  • Cooking with kids
  • Freezer Cooking
  • Food Storage
  • Eating Healthy on a Food Stamp Budget
  • Plus recipes that I make for my friends and family
 As you can see I have a lot of ideas, these are the types of things I am asked almost daily. It will be nice to have it all in one spot.
 I will also be adding a list of books, documentaries and blogs that I found to be very informative. 
Obviously it will take time to write each of these blog posts, so if you have a specific question, leave me a comment. 

Now for the disclaimer I am not a medical professional of any sort. The information I share is what has worked for my family, you will need to check with your doctor to see what will work for you and your family. This blog is not medical advice. This is a blog of my ideas, thoughts and recipes and opinions. A place where I can put all my ideas in one spot. With that said I hope you enjoy reading my opinions on the above topics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment